Saturday, October 25, 2008

She's a Girl

Well, now we can say it for sure.........we're having a girl. At my last appointment the midwife said that everything looks just like it should and that the ultrasounds from last week were textbook (in the good way, not the so rare you only see them in textbooks or on House way). I also had another ultrasound and this time the baby was a little less tightly scrunched so we're sure she's not just a shy boy. We're still working on names.
I guess I'm really starting to show now...We went to Park City for a very nice dinner to celebrate and spend my "working well under pressure" bonus I received at work (it's been a crazy few weeks for the whole company and a few of us were generously rewarded for our hard work). While there we window shopped for a while, but couldn't pass up a beautiful pair of Minnetonka-brand shoes for Matt (they're very similar to their moccasins--and super comfy--but look like nice shoes) that we got at a very good price. While checking out we experienced the first time a stranger (the cashier) dared to ask, "Is that a little baby belly I see?"

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Hmm. I would think they'd be less shy about asking about the baby belly in Utah!

Jennie said...

Oh, I was always surprised at how many people commented very early on about my belly. Some people are so forthright!

I want to see pictures of Pregnant Breanna! :)

Jaime said...

So fun! Thanks so much for the cute paci holder; it's fun and she loves to chew it! Check out my blog; I tagged you.

Breanna said...

I'm so glad you both like the paci holder they're pretty easy to make and lots of fun---needless to say our little girl will have plenty of them.

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of 5 year-old and an almost 2 year-old. I teach decorating/baking classes (LiveLoveBakeNM.com) so I get to have them with me pretty much all the time :) I'm working on improving myself everyday.