Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kaelyn vs The Shower

This was just too funny not to post....
Many of you probably know that I was a VERY needy baby. So needy/clingy that while we were down in California for Christmas, when Kaelyn got really squirmy in my mom's arms I had to tell her that Kaelyn wanted down, because it didn't even occur to Grandma that a baby would prefer the floor to being held!

Well...Kaelyn may enjoy the floor but not if she has to be alone. I was taking a quick shower and Kaelyn was playing on the floor, she started fussing so I was talking to her letting her know that she really was okay and that I'd be done really soon. Suddenly, the crying got a little louder and I felt a tiny hand on my leg. She had pulled herself up on the side of the tub and reached through the curtain. This caused two things: she was able to reach me and water was able to reach her. She was soaked and not happy about any of it.

I pulled back the other side of the curtain and got her to come to that side (where water wouldn't be pouring out of the shower) and dried her face with a towel. This didn't satisfy her. I had to pick her up (I am in the shower, dripping wet, and still need to finish showering) and hold her while I soaped up and conditioned my hair.

She was wet, but happy. I now know to what lengths parents (or at this parent) will go to keep their children happy. To my mother: sorry if  you ever had to shower one-handed; if so, pay-back has been had.

3 comments:

The Griffins said...

LoL!!! Are you guys in AZ yet?

Miriam said...

Well, I never actually showered while holding you--just everything else!
But considering how INdependent you became, I like to think of it as an investment with high returns!

Jaime said...

You're so much nicer than me. I'd just make mine wait a minute. Some things I must do alone!

About Me

My photo
I am the mom of 5 year-old and an almost 2 year-old. I teach decorating/baking classes (LiveLoveBakeNM.com) so I get to have them with me pretty much all the time :) I'm working on improving myself everyday.